- Plan your route in advance. Things will flow much smoother if you have a route in mind. You will know in advance where you plan to go and how to get there.
- Make sure you and your child are well lit. Take a flashlight, wear reflective strips or tape, or wear bright colors. Walk down streets that are well lit.
- Wear comfy shoes! You will be walking from house to house. Make sure you wear some comfortable shoes.
- Masks & Props. If your child is wearing a mask, make sure they can properly breathe while wearing it. Also, make sure the mask does not block your child's vision. When using props, safety can be an issue. Use props that are flexible and things that will not harm other children.
- Check your child's candy. After you've had your fun make sure to check your child's candy. Remove any candy that appears to be opened, not in the original wrapper, or tampered with.
- Remember to have fun! This is a great time to spend some quality time with your child. Have a great time together and create lasting memories. Take pictures of your child in their costume. You'll treasure these photos forever!
As parents, you want your little ones to have a super fun time trick-or-treating. All the while, you want them to be safe. Halloween can be one of the most anticipated nights of the year for children. Who doesn't love to get bags full of candy!? With all the excitement and fun, there are also lots of distractions. Make the most out of this Halloween by checking out a few trick-or-treating safety tips below!
Spring is finally here and Easter is right around the corner. After being cooped up all winter, everyone is ready to get out and have some fun!
Easter is a really exciting time of year for kids. I've listed some really fun Easter activities that you can share with your child. I've also listed links to different websites that will give you instructions and ideas for neat projects. Enjoy!
Decorating Easter Eggs
Decorating eggs can be so much fun! It's also a great activity to spend some quality time with your child.
Easter Basket Ideas
You can create and decorate your own Easter baskets from items in your home.
Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
This may be one of the most fun parts of Easter. I wonder how many Easter eggs never get found?
Have a safe and happy Easter!
Surround your child with reading material.
Children with a large selection of reading material typically score higher on standardized tests. By having reading material for your child's age available, they will be more tempted to read and look at the material. Put books, magazines, and e-readers in the car, bathroom, family room, and your child's room for easy availability.
Schedule time to read to your child daily.
Create the habit of daily reading with your child. Studies have shown that daily reading to a child can cause gains in vocabulary, decoding words, and comprehension. This is also a great time to bond with your child.
Make reading fun.
Develop the habit of taking your child to the library every few weeks to get a new book. Make the trip a big adventure. Increase their appeal for reading by making it fun.
After you and your child read a story together, ask your child to tell you what the story was about. This is often a fun activity. It also engages your child in the reading material.
Discover reading problems and find ways to help resolve them.
It is normal for early readers to mispronounce certain words or sounds. Discovering this early can prevent your child from further practicing this incorrect sound or word. If a child is not corrected, they will continue to use it. Then it becomes harder to correct.
Show your excitement about reading!
Be a good example and be enthused about reading. Children look up to their parents and often time mimic them. Show your excitement about reading!
If you and your child like reading lots of books, you may want to check out Kindle Unlimited. Basically you can read unlimited books per month for $9.99. Plus, lots of my books are free to download with a Kindle Unlimited membership :)
Click here to browse my entire catalogue on Amazon
P.S. you can get a free 30 day trial to Kindle Unlimited to see if you like it.
Hey there everyone! I had a great idea. I'm working on a few new stories and would like to add some fans as characters! If you or your child would like to be a part of one of my next books, just comment below!
It will be helpful if you give me the following information:
1. Tell me about your character. (ex: red frog with wings)
2. Tell me some characteristics of your character. (ex: fun, playful, mean, happy, etc.)
3. Tell me what your character likes to do. (ex: eat cookies, play, fly)
If we decide to use you in the book, you will receive a free copy too!
Thank you for your time!
"My favorite subject in school was recess. Everything else was tied for 2nd."